This fragrant and scrumptious recipe is a cinch to throw together, making it the perfect midweek pick-me-up. It combines the exotic freshness of Thai cuisine with the comforting classic, chicken soup.
Although the ingredient list only calls for carrots, I plan on throwing in lots more vegetables like asparagus, green onions, and mushrooms. Feel free to do the same! To get the recipe, which is a great use for leftover chicken,
- 1 2- to 2-1/2-lb. deli-roasted chicken
- 1 15-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 medium limes)
- 3 medium carrots, thinly-sliced diagonally (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Thai seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Fresh cilantro, optional for serving
- Lime wedges optional for serving
- Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken.
- In large saucepan combine shredded chicken with coconut milk, water, lime juice, sliced carrots, soy sauce, the 2 teaspoons Thai seasoning and salt.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- To serve, sprinkle bowls of soup with additional Thai seasoning and cilantro. Pass lime wedges.
- Main Dishes, Soup
- Other Asian