Looking for a satisfying yet healthy way to jump-start the weekend? Consider this salad: it includes everything but the kitchen sink!
Not your grandma's chicken salad, this vegetable-filled variation has crispy prosciutto, tangy blue cheese, and a refreshing lemon vinaigrette.
Don't hesitate to make this recipe your own by substituting in different veggies or another type of cheese. To get the scrumptious recipe,
6 thin slices prosciutto (about 4 oz.)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 medium zucchini, chopped
1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow sweet pepper, chopped
1/2 of a small red onion, chopped
5 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place prosciutto in single layer on large baking sheet. Bake until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika; add to skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Cool slightly; slice.
- Finely grate peel from one lemon; squeeze lemons to make 1/3 cup juice. In small bowl whisk together remaining olive oil, lemon juice, grated peel, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In large bowl combine carrots, zucchini, sweet peppers, onion, and chicken. Toss with dressing. Add blue cheese.
- Line salad bowls with romaine. Spoon in chicken mixture. Top with prosciutto.
- Main Dishes, Poultry
- North American