Congratulations you've made it to the long weekend! How about fixing grilled chicken tostadas tonight as a rewarding dinner? The chicken is flavored with simple taco seasoning and grilled quickly on both sides. Packaged coleslaw is mixed with salsa for a semi-homemade topping, followed by refried beans, chopped tomatoes, and salty feta. Serve with a pineapple cocktail and let the relaxing by the pool begin. You know you want the recipe so,
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon 40% less-sodium taco seasoning (such as Old El Paso)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
6 cups packaged coleslaw
1 (7-ounce) can green salsa
4 cups chopped tomato
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, chopped
1 1/4 cups fat-free refried beans
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seed kernels, toasted (optional)
- Prepare grill, or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken with juice; sprinkle with seasoning and sugar.
- Place chicken on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Cool slightly
- Cut chicken into 1/4-inch strips; set aside. Place tortillas on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Combine coleslaw and salsa; toss to coat. Combine tomato and olives; toss gently.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons beans over each tortilla; divide chicken evenly among tortillas. Top each serving with about 2/3 cup slaw mixture, 2/3 cup tomato mixture, 4 teaspoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 2 teaspoons cilantro. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 361(23% from fat); FAT 9.2g (sat 3.6g,mono 1.5g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 28.7g; CHOLESTEROL 65mg; CALCIUM 221mg; SODIUM 844mg; FIBER 6.8g; IRON 3.7mg; CARBOHYDRATE 43g