Keep things super simple tonight — especially if you have a big day of cooking and eating tomorrow — by making an egg sandwich for dinner. Quick cooked scrambled eggs are layered with spinach, tomatoes, and cheese. The whole sandwich is pan grilled lightly for a fantastic taste sensation. It also makes a great on the go sandwich. To get the recipe all you have to do is,
2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard or brown mustard
4 slices English muffin bread or firm-textured white bread
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
4 to 6 spinach leaves
1 small tomato, sliced
2 slices Swiss or American cheese
2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise and mustard. Spread the mustard mixture on one side of each bread slice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine over medium heat. Break 2 of the eggs into skillet. Stir each egg gently with a fork to break up yolk. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are desired doneness, turning once.
- Place each egg on mustard side of a bread slice. Layer the spinach, tomato, and cheese on eggs. Top with the remaining bread slices, mustard sides down.
- In a shallow dish beat together the remaining 2 eggs and the milk. Carefully dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- In the same skillet melt the remaining 1 tablespoon margarine over medium heat. Add sandwiches; cook about 4 minutes or until bread is golden brown, turning once.