During the Summer, I try to consume as many dinner salads as possible. This grilled salmon salad, from the wonderful minds of MyRecipes.com, is healthy yet filling. The salmon is marinated in a fragrant spice rub before being quickly cooked on the grill. A tomato vinaigrette adds freshness while goat cheese provides a creamy texture. Pine nuts and green onions are a necessary crunch that balance out the buttery texture of the salmon. For the simple yet scrumptious recipe, read more.
1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
About 1 teaspoon salt
About 1 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces salad mix, rinsed and crisped
Tomato vinaigrette, recipe below
4 ounces fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup minced green onions (white and pale green parts only)
1/4 cup pine nuts
Get more recipes at MyRecipes.com
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place salmon in bowl and rub pieces all over with spice mixture.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the tomato vinaigrette.
- Lay salmon on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning once, until a thermometer inserted in center of thickest part reads 140°, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, divide salad mix equally among four plates. Place a piece of salmon on each mound of greens.
- Drizzle salads equally with tomato vinaigrette and sprinkle evenly with goat cheese, green onions, and pine nuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1 cup diced firm-ripe tomatoes (about 8 oz.)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a bowl, combine tomatoes, vinegar, oil, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Makes 1 cup.
Like the recipe above? Try out some of these other ones:
- Fish, Main Dishes
- North American