1 fresh pineapple, peeled, packed in juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 14.8-oz. pouch cooked long grain rice
12 oz. cooked ham, coarsely chopped
1 cup chopped or sliced sweet peppers
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
1/2 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (3/4 cup)
- Remove pineapple from container, reserving juice. Cut pineapple in 3/4-inch slices; discard core if present.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add pineapple slices. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until beginning to brown. Divide pineapple among four plates.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Add ham and peppers to skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and rice.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in reserved pineapple juice. Serve rice on top of pineapple with lime wedges.
- Main Dishes, Rice