I always keep a couple of frozen juice concentrates in my freezer. Besides coming in handy for last-minute cocktails, they also make a wonderful addition to vinaigrettes. A couple tablespoons of orange juice concentrate flavors this scrumptious dinner salad. Packed with colorful veggies — cherry tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers — and sweet mandarin oranges, this salad is balanced in texture and taste. A heavy sprinkling of salty feta and toasted almonds finishes off the dish.
To look at the recipe, which is from our buddies at MyRecipes.com,
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 cup orange bell pepper strips
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Get more recipes at MyRecipes.com
- Prepare grill.
- Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Combine lettuce and next 5 ingredients (through onions) in a large bowl.
- Combine orange juice concentrate, vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper; stir with a whisk.
- Pour juice mixture over lettuce mixture, tossing to coat. Divide lettuce mixture evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken, oranges, and almonds.
Serves 4 (serving size: about 2 cups salad, 3 ounces chicken, about 10 mandarin orange segments, and 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds).
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 299(28% from fat); FAT 9.3g (sat 3g,mono 4.4g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 25.1g; CHOLESTEROL 62mg; CALCIUM 161mg; SODIUM 351mg; FIBER 4.8g; IRON 1.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 31.2g
Like the recipe above? Try out some of these other ones:
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American