1 pound red potatoes
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 pound green beans, trimmed
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 6-ounce pieces halibut
2 1/2 cups dry white wine
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover them by 2 inches.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until almost fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook 5 minutes more, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over low heat with the chives, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Quarter the potatoes and return them to the pot with the green beans. Stir gently to combine. Season the fish with the remaining salt and pepper and place in a large skillet.
- Pour in just enough wine to reach halfway up the sides of the fish. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, covered, until the fish is opaque.
- Serve with the beans and potatoes. Spoon any extra chive butter on top of the fish.
- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American