- 4 slices peppered bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 12-oz. trimmed fresh young green beans
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup red or yellow cherry or grape tomatoes
- In 12-inch skillet cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp; remove. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart microwave-safe dish cook beans in 2 tablespoons water, covered, on high (100% power) 4 minutes; stir once. Drain, set aside.
- Brush chops with soy sauce. In skillet brown chops on both sides. Add apple butter and the 1/4 cup water; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and bacon; cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Main Dishes, Pork