In the Winter, it's nice — every once in a while — to step away from the stews, soups, and roasts and consume a refreshing, tropical meal. Fresh flavors like pineapple and ginger brighten up the cold weather blues, while enticing your taste buds. This honeyed pork recipe is like a delightful escape to an exotic locale. Served over a bed of pineapple rice, it's delicious and filling. Check out the recipe when you
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grates
1 cup long-grain white rice
1/3 cup honey
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained and coarsely chopped (juice reserved)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (from a peeled 1/2-inch piece)
1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium; lightly oil grates.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Alternately thread pork and bell peppers onto skewers; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, brushing occasionally with honey mixture, until pork is cooked through and peppers begin to char, 10 to 15 minutes.
- To rice, add pineapple chunks, scallions, ginger, and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork.
- Serve kebabs with rice and lime wedges.