Salmon and dill are a classic flavor combination that make for a delicious quick dinner. This meal is super simple with minimal chopping and dishwashing. A prepared horseradish sauce enhances the taste of the salmon and potatoes. The oven does all of the work, so while dinner is cooking you can relax, read, or catch up on your TiVo. To get the recipe to this dish that should be enjoyed with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc, read more
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 pieces salmon fillet (6 ounces each)
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In 15 1/2- by 10 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan, toss potatoes with oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. Roast potatoes 10 minutes.
- After potatoes have roasted 10 minutes, remove pan from oven. With spatula, push potatoes to an end of pan to make room for fish.
- Place fish in pan; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and roast with potatoes 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and potatoes are browned and tender.
- Transfer fish to platter and top with horseradish sauce; sprinkle with half of dill.
- Toss potatoes with remaining dill; arrange on platter with fish.
Each serving: About 495 calories, 35 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate, 23 g total fat (5 g saturated), 3 g fiber, 92 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium.