During the hot summer months, no meal is quicker - or more tasty - than delicious skewers. There are hundreds of varieties, but seafood skewers come together much quicker than meat skewers because no overnight marinading is necessary. For tonight's dinner grill up a batch of ham-wrapped salmon pieces with zucchini, red pepper, and polenta chunks. A simple sauce of store-bought Italian dressing and sundried tomato provides a moist, juicy flavor. Ready in less than 20 minutes, this recipe is a must make - perfect for any busy weeknight. To get the recipe, read more
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
4 deli ham slices, each cut into 4 strips (about 1 inch wide)
1 pound fresh (or frozen, thawed) salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
8 zucchini slices (with peel), cut 1 inch thick, halved crosswise
16 polenta cubes (1 inch size)
16 red pepper pieces (1 inch size)
8 bamboo skewers (8 inches each) soaked in water for 10 minutes
- Combine dressing and pesto in small cup. Set aside.
- Wrap ham strips around fish pieces.
- Thread fish and next 3 ingredients alternately onto skewers. Place on large plate.
- Brush skewers with pesto mixture.
- Preheat gas barbecue to medium. Cook skewers on greased grill for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender-crisp and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
1 serving: 421 Calories; 19.5 g Total Fat (8.5 g Mono, 6.4 g Poly, 2.0 g Sat); 112 mg Cholesterol; 21 g Carbohydrate; 1 g Fibre; 41 g Protein; 1520 mg Sodium