Nothing makes food more fun than serving it on a stick. Both children and grown kids will love these sausage fruit kabobs. Smoked sausage slices are skewered with chunks of crispy apples and fresh zucchini. A sweet honey mustard sauce is delicious for dipping. Although the recipe has you broil the kabobs, they would also be wonderful grilled. To take a look at the recipe,
3 Tbsp. spicy brown or Dijon-style mustard
3 Tbsp. honey
12 oz. cooked smoked sausage, bias cut in 1/2-inch slices
1 apple, cored and cut in 1/2-inch wedges
1 medium zucchini, halved and cut in 1/4-inch slices
6 oz. crusty bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat broiler. In bowl stir mustard into honey.
- On four 12-inch skewers alternately thread sausage, apples, and zucchini, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Brush with some of the honey-mustard; reserve remaining honey-mustard.
- Place on rack of unheated broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread bread on four 12-inch skewers; lightly brush with olive oil. Add bread skewers to broiler; turn sausage skewers.
- Broil 3 minutes more or until sausage is heated through and bread is toasted, turning bread once.
- Serve with reserved honey-mustard.
- Pork, Main Dishes
- North American