- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) hearts of palm, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together cucumber, onion, jalapeno, hearts of palm, orange juice, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Dust shrimp with cumin, coriander, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over high heat.
- Add half the shrimp; cook until browned on both sides and opaque in the center, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shrimp.
- To serve, spoon shrimp over cucumber salad.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American