1-1/3 cups dried orzo (about 8 ounces)
12 ounces pork tenderloin or lean boneless pork
2 tablespoons cooking oil
8 ounces green beans, bias-sliced into 1 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)*
1 red sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
2 green onions, bias-sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
1 14-ounce can unsweetened lite coconut milk
4 teaspoons bottled curry paste
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and keep warm. Thinly slice pork into bite-size pieces.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the oil into a large nonstick skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove from skillet.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add green beans; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add sweet pepper and green onions; cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, and sugar. Reduce heat to low, stirring until combined. Stir in cooked pork and lime juice; heat through. Serve over hot orzo.
*A 9-ounce package of frozen cut green beans, thawed, can be substituted for the fresh beans. Add them to the skillet along with the sweet pepper and onions; cook as directed.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- Other Asian