To get non-veggie-eating meat lovers to consume more greens, consider making this recipe. It's a flavorful steak salad that combines the best of both worlds. With its Thai style ingredients and structure, this salad is wildly delicious. The dressing is a mix of lime juice, fresh ginger, and chili paste and the salad is packed with fresh herbs and crunchy red cabbage. Thanks to MyRecipes.com you can experiment with this scrumptious salad tonight. Get the recipe when you
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
1 to 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic
1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
3 cups trimmed watercress (about 2 bunches)
1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup julienne-cut carrot
2 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
Get more recipes at MyRecipes.com
- To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- To prepare steak, heat a large nonstick skillet or grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Rub both sides of steak with pepper.
- Add steak to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from pan; place on a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place steak in a bowl. Drizzle with half of dressing, and toss well.
- To prepare salad, combine watercress and next 5 ingredients (watercress through carrot) in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing, and toss well.
- Divide salad evenly among 6 plates; arrange steak evenly over salad. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon peanuts.
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 230(40% from fat); FAT 10.3g (sat 4g,mono 4.2g,poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 25.1g; CHOLESTEROL 57mg; CALCIUM 68mg; SODIUM 327mg; FIBER 2g; IRON 3.3mg; CARBOHYDRATE 9.5g
Like the recipe above? Try out some of these other ones:
- Salads, Main Dishes
- Other Asian