You can make this rapid, healthy dinner salad in twelve minutes with ingredients from your pantry. Canned tuna and white beans get freshened up with cherry tomatoes, green beans, and lemon zest for a very Italian-style meal. Serve with a chunk of cheese, a hunk of crusty sourdough bread, and a chilled Pinot Grigio and finish it off with slices of cool watermelon for a relaxing and rewarding Friday night in. Make this tonight - you'll find the recipe when you
1 large lemon
2 cans (15 to 19 ounces each) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1 can (12 ounces) tuna in oil, drained and flaked
1 basket cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
8 ounces of fresh green beans
Mixed greens, arugula, watercress or baby spinach
- From lemon, finely grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
- Steam the fresh green beans until crisp a few minutes.
- In medium serving bowl, combine lemon peel and juice, cannellini beans, pimientos, olive oil, parsley, salt, pepper, tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Gently stir in tuna to serve.
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens, arugula, watercress or baby spinach.