As much as I love enchiladas, they are not typically a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. However, with a couple of tips —purchase cooked, lean turkey; use fresh salsa to enhance the filling — creating a tasty and nourishing Tex-Mex meal is completely doable any night of the week. This recipe uses fat free sour cream and tons of crisp veggies, resulting in a sauce that is creamy without all the weight of restaurant or canned versions.
Wow your family tonight when you make these! All you need is the recipe, so
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
Dash of black pepper
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup fat-free sour cream
3 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup bottled salsa
6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place a medium saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot; add bell pepper and onion. Sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, coriander, and black pepper in a medium bowl; gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until well-blended.
- Add to saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and sour cream.
- Combine 1 cup cheese mixture, turkey, and salsa in a bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup turkey mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining cheese mixture over tortillas. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 448(28% from fat); FAT 14.1g (sat 6.1g,mono 4.1g,poly 2.7g); PROTEIN 46.7g; CHOLESTEROL 115mg; CALCIUM 220mg; SODIUM 738mg; FIBER 2g; IRON 4.3mg; CARBOHYDRATE 29.5g