I always keep my pantry stocked with a variety of canned beans. With a little creativity and a couple of fresh ingredients, the beans are simply turned into a magnificent meal. This recipe uses white cannellini beans to make a Tuscan style soup. Carrots and onions flavor the soup while wilted spinach acts as a garnish. To make this for your family tonight get the recipe and
1 cup packaged peeled baby carrots, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 32-oz. box reduced-sodium vegetable broth
2 to 3 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1 5-oz. pkg. baby spinach
Freshly cracked black pepper
Cracker bread (optional)
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook and stir carrots and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, and seasoning. Bring to boiling; slightly mash beans.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; toss with tongs 1 to 2 minutes, just until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup; top with spinach, sprinkle with pepper. Serve with cracker bread.
- Main Dishes, Soup