Isn't it a fabulous feeling when you come across a dish that is bound to be incredibly delicious?! When I saw this recipe for white clam pizza in the current issue of Rachael Ray's magazine, I got very excited! A rapid but tasty meal, the pizza is topped with garlic, clams, thyme, and parmesan cheese. Paired with a green salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio, the white clam pizza makes a wonderful start to the weekend. If you want the recipe, all you have to do is
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1/3 cup flour, for dusting
Two 16-ounce packages refrigerated pizza dough
Two 1-pound containers frozen chopped clams, thawed and drained (about 2 1/2 cups)
4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Position a rack in the bottom of the oven, place an inverted baking sheet on top and preheat to 500°.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic and 2 pinches salt.
- Lightly flour a baking sheet, place 1 piece of pizza dough on top and stretch to fit the dimensions of the baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic oil on top. Sprinkle half of the clams on top and season with 2 teaspoons Parmesan, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme and salt and pepper.
- Set the baking sheet on the hot baking sheet in the oven. Bake until crisp and golden, about 20 minutes. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another pizza.
- Main Dishes, Pizza