- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, preferably 92 to 93 percent lean
- 1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 4 hamburger buns
- Sliced tomatoes, red or white onion, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and lettuce leaves, for serving
- Heat grill to high. In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine ground turkey with cheese, scallions, breadcrumbs, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Gently form mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties.
- Lightly oil grill. Place patties on the hottest part of the grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move the patties to cooler part of the grill; continue grilling until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes per side.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American