1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large garlic cloves, minced
4 limes, cut into quarters
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8 6-inch corn tortillas
2 to 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
bottled green tomatillo salsa
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic.
- Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust to medium after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.)
- Brush the skewered shrimp with the garlic butter. Place them on the grill with the limes. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned. Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp. To make in the oven: Broil the shrimp and limes about 4 inches from the heat about 4 minutes per side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes, or wrap them in a napkin and microwave for 3 minutes
- Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- To serve, pull the shrimp off the skewers and divide them evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a spritz of grilled lime.
- Main Dishes, Shellfish