1 pound penne pasta
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 canned anchovy fillets
4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3/4 to 1 pound swordfish steak, trimmed and chopped into small, bite-size pieces
1/2 cup dry white wine
One 28-ounce can tomatoes, preferably san marzano
3 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
Salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the anchovies and cook until melted, 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes; stir in the crushed red pepper.
- Increase the heat, add the fish and cook until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine; cook until reduced slightly, 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and capers; cook, breaking up the tomatoes, until heated through; season with black pepper.
- Add the pasta, basil and parsley and toss.
- Main Dishes, Fish