1 oz cellophane noodles
1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup chopped scallions
1/2 cup chopped shiitake mushroom caps
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 each red and green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
9 sheets (8 inches each) rice paper (found in grocery stores' Asian section)
1 cup drained canned mung bean sprouts
- Boil noodles in salted water for 3 minutes; drain; set aside.
- Combine turkey, egg whites, scallions, mushrooms, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and black pepper in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook turkey mixture, stirring, until dry and crumbly, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Push meat to one side; place pepper strips in pan.
- Fill a bowl with warm water. Soak 1 piece rice paper until pliable, but not entirely soft, 10 to 15 seconds. Lay flat on a cutting board.
- Place 2 bell pepper strips across wrapper 2 inches from bottom. On top of strips, layer 1/2 cup turkey mixture, 1/8 of mung beans, 1/8 of noodles and 1/8 of pepper strips to form a log-shaped pile. Fold bottom edge of wrapper up and sides in against filling. Roll up to top edge. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut in half on bias.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- Other Asian