1 teaspoon olive oil
6 slices of deli turkey
1/2 cup grated cheese (parmesan, cheddar, provolone, gruyere, etc.)
3 tomato slices
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small sourdough roll, sliced in half
Mustard, for spreading
Basil mayonnaise, for spreading
1 small handful of mixed greens
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium low heat.
- Place 3 slices of turkey, one on top of the other on a work surface. Mound the grated cheese on top of the turkey. Cover with the remaining 3 slices of turkey. Make sure that the cheese is enveloped in turkey.
- Place the turkey and cheese packet in the skillet. Add the tomato slices. Cook for 5 minutes, flip the turkey packet and tomatoes, and cook for 5 more minutes. The turkey should be slightly browned and crisp and the cheese should be totally melted.
- While the turkey cooks, broil the bread so that it is toasted on one side only. Spread the top side of the roll with mustard. Spread the bottom side of the roll with basil mayonnaise.
- To assemble the sandwich, place a small handful of mixed greens on top of the basil mayonnaise. Top with the cooked tomatoes and the hot turkey cheese packet. Cover with the remaining half of the roll and enjoy immediately.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American