2 Tbs. canola oil
1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
¾ cup hot mango chutney, such as Patak’s
1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped (3/4 cup)
2 16-oz. pkgs. extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
2 12-oz. bunches mustard greens, thick stems removed
- Heat oil in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, cover, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mango chutney and tomato. Cover, and simmer 5 minutes more. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to broil, and place oven rack in highest position. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Halve each tofu block crosswise to make pieces the size and thickness of sandwich bread. Cut each tofu piece into 4 triangles. Brush each tofu triangle on both sides with mango mixture (it’s OK if some bell pepper and onion bits stick to tofu); season with salt and pepper, if desired; and place on prepared baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 minutes. Flip triangles, and brush with more mango mixture. Broil 4 to 5 minutes more, or until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 cup water to a boil in large pot. Add mustard greens, cover, and steam 5 to 7 minutes or until greens are crisp-tender, turning occasionally with tongs to make sure greens cook evenly.
- Divide mustard greens among serving plates. Top each serving with 2 tofu triangles, and drizzle with1/4 cup mango sauce.
- Main Dishes, Tofu