Pomegranate seeds, supremed grapefruit, or thinly sliced kumquats would all be great substitutes for the orange segments.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sumac, plus extra for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium fennel heads, thinly sliced 
- 2 1/2 ounces feta cheese, sliced
- 2 oranges, supremed 
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sumac, lemon juice, and a generous pinch of salt. Add the tarragon and parsley; stir to combine. Toss the fennel with the dressing. Adjust to taste with salt, if needed. (Keep in mind that the feta will add saltiness to the salad.)
- Layer the fennel, feta, and citrus segments on individual plates. Sprinkle with sumac, and serve.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes, Salads
- 4 servings