Get your TiVos warmed up, there's some new stuff coming to Food Network. They just recently announced their 2007 programming additions and here's what we can expect this summer:
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives - starring - looks like Food Network is putting their new star Guy Fieri (who, I might add was absent from any of the Food Network's South Beach Festival photos I saw) behind the wheel of his 1967 Camaro looking for the best diners, drive-ins and dives the US has to offer. Debuts April 23.
- Simply Delicioso (working title) - Galavision superstar Ingrid Hoffmann brings her Latin lifestyle expertise to America. Debuts in July.
- Food Dudes (working title) - Follow two young chefs, Vinny Dotolo and Jon Shook, try to make a name for themselves and their catering business. Debuts this fall.
To check out the rest, and there's at least one that I'm going to be sure to TiVo,
- The Next Food Network Star - The third season of the Food Network reality show beefs things up by expanding its format to have contestants compete on location and not just in the studio. Begins June 3 at 9pm.
- Feasting on Asphalt 2 - Alton Brown (my personal Food Network favorite) hops on his motorcycle for a second season of touring the back roads of America in search of good eats. Hopefully he doesn't break anything this time (he had an accident last year where he broke his collarbone).
- The Next Iron Chef of America - Food Network's looking for someone to join Batali, Cora, Morimoto and Flay. They're casting now for professional chefs to be contestants on the show. Alton Brown is hosting, and I have a thing for food reality TV, so I'll probably end up watching this too. Debuts this fall.
- America's Best Recipe - Nine everyday contestants prepare original recipes in front of a live Las Vegas audience. Airs in 2008.
So what do you think, are you looking forward to any of these?
Source: Digital Producer Magazine