For the last six years, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival is a big deal in the foodie world. It's a "star-studded" event that keeps growing year after year. This year the event, which is sponsored by the Food Network, has a new feature to offer: the "first-ever Food Network Awards." The event, which takes place on February 23, will be hosted by Emeril Lagasse and will honor "achievements in the world of food and entertaining."
Some of the presenters include Catherine Zeta Jones & Aaron Eckhart (they're in an upcoming film called "No Reservations" a remake of "Mostly Martha," a European film about a chef) as well as all the usual Food Network stars (Rachael, Giada, Bobby, Paula, Alton, and everyone's favorite Sandra Lee).
To learn more, including what kind of awards they're giving - and surprisingly they're actually food awards and not just Food Network based awards - read more
Some of the awards include:
- Favorite Comfort Food Combo (Viewers’ Choice)
- Most Delicious Destination, highlighting a rising locale not to be
- Best Ball Park Eats (Viewers’ Choice)
- Play With Your Food: Artwork With an Edible Twist, recognizing one
remarkable artist who incorporates food into their work
- Icy Innovations, awarded to innovators in the world of frozen treats
- Tasty Technology, new kitchen appliances that will change the way we
- “Professional Grade” Kitchen Appliance You Can’t Live Without (Viewers’
- “Hot” Chocolate List, recognizing the hottest chocolatier in the country
- Food Hall of Fame: Tribute to Julia Child, television and food pioneer
- Share Our Strength Food Humanitarian Award, a person who makes the world a better place through food
- Culinary Dreams Can Come True: Culinary Institute of America Scholarship and Food Network Mentorship of a Lifetime
- Favorite Childhood Classics (Viewers’ Choice), awarded to the favorite
children’s book about food
- Not Your Grandmother’s Food of the Month Club, given to the most unique
food of the month club
- SUPER Market, presented to the grocery chain who has changed the way we
- Best Better Burger, recognizing a burger company with a mindful approach to their product and operation
- Favorite Coolest Cocktail (Viewers’ Choice), celebrating Food Network
viewers’ favorite classic drink
- Edible Entrepreneurs, acknowledging individuals with a passion for food
and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Funniest Food Festival, honoring the wackiest food festival in the
If you want to check out the awards for yourself, the event is in Miami next Friday (February 23) at 9:30pm (tickets are $77.50 a piece). But don't worry, if you can't make it, the event will air on Food Network on April 25.
Sure it will be neat to see who wins what, but what I want to know is, what do you think the statuette will look like? A bottle of EVOO?
Source: Well Fed