It's the moment the restaurant world has been waiting for: Food & Wine just announced the winners of its annual Best New Chefs awards, which are given to the nation's most promising new chefs.
Considering previous winners have included such celebrated chefs as Tom Colicchio and David Chang, this title could mean a very bright future ahead for 10 of the nation's burgeoning chefs. To find out who they are,
- Paul Liebrandt, Corton; New York, NY
- Nate Appleman, A16; San Francisco, CA
- Naomi Pomeroy, Beast; Portland, OR
- Barry Maiden, Hungry Mother; Cambridge, MA
- Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, Animal; Los Angeles, CA
- Bryan Caswell, Reef; Houston, TX
- Christopher Kostow, Meadowood; St. Helena, CA
- Linton Hopkins, Restaurant Eugene; Atlanta, GA
- Mark Fuller, Spring Hill; Seattle, WA
- Kelly English, Iris; Memphis, TN
I'm thrilled that my local favorite, Nate Appleman, has finally gotten some national recognition (he's also up for the James Beard Foundation's Rising Star Chef of the Year Award). Of course, this means reservations are going to be even more difficult to get! Do you plan on checking out any of these chefs?