Later tonight, in New York City, there is a glitzy party celebrating the 10 chefs! Receiving the title of Food & Wine Best New Chef is a prestigious one that's similar to winning a James Beard Award, and everyone from Thomas Keller to Michael Schlow to David Chang was, at one point, a Best New Chef. Find out who this year's lucky 10 are after the break.
- Roy Choi, Kogi; Los Angeles, LA
- Missy Robbins, A Voce; New York City, NY
- James Syhabout, Commis; Oakland, CA
- Matt Lightner, Castagna; Portland, OR
- Clayton Miller, Trummer's on Main; Clifton, VA
- Jonathon Sawyer, The Greenhouse Tavern; Cleveland, OH
- Jason Stratton, Spinasse; Seattle, WA
- John Shields, Town House, Chilhowie, VA
- Mike Sheerin, Blackbird; Chicago, IL
- Alex Seidel, Fruition; Denver, CO
I'm always excited when local chefs get recognition and it's high time I head over to Oakland to check out Syhabout's Commis. Have you eaten at any of the Best New Chefs' restaurants?