Yesterday we mentioned Forbes' Top 10 Up-and-Coming Celebrity Chefs, and today I'm ready to tell you about Food & Wine's Best New Chefs. The annual award was handed out to 10 of the nation's most creative new chefs, and this year's list features chefs who specialize in everything from modern Italian to completely vegetarian meals. Dana Cowin, F&W's editor in chief, said:
Food & Wine has been scouting extraordinary chefs for the past two decades, and I expect this year’s winners to make us as proud as any of the chefs who have preceded them. These great cooks come from all around America, from California to Missouri to Vermont, and I’m excited to introduce them to a national audience. They are incredible talents.
Previous winners — this is the 20th anniversary for the award — have included Thomas Keller, Rick Bayless, Daniel Boulud, and Tom Colicchio. To see who's joining them in the Best New Chef fame,
If any of these chefs are in your area, be sure to make a reservation now! These folks are only going to get more popular as time goes on!
- Jim Burke, James; Philadelphia, PA
- Gerard Craft, Niche; St. Louis, MO
- Tim Cushman, O Ya; Boston, MA
- Jeremy Fox, Ubuntu; Napa, CA
- Koren Grieveson, Avec; Chicago, IL
- Michael Psilakis, Anthos; New York, NY
- Ethan Stowell, Union; Seattle, WA
- Giuseppe Tentori, Boka; Chicago, IL
- Eric Warnstedt, Hen of the Wood; Waterbury, VT
- Sue Zemanick, Gautreau's; New Orleans, LA