In their recent January issue, Food & Wine magazine released their annual 100 Tastes to Try. This year the tastes have been broken down into 15 categories ranging from food trips to new ingredients. I took a look through the list and here are some of the ones that are topping my personal list of tastes to try in 2008. I don't know how feasible some of them are, but I know I can cross a few of these off my list.
- A meal at Elizabeth Falkner's new restaurant Orson
- Rare, edible plants like Sechuan button-flower bud
- Honeydew-scented sake
- Chocolate bars with popcorn
- Saffron-flavored popsicles from Koolfreeze
- Tom Douglas's Culinary Summer Camp
- More Sweetbreads — this one's easy, I already love that stuff!
- A refreshing Amberjack
- Faux Gras. I like the real deal, but am really curious about this one.
- Barrel-aged American beers
- Hungarian table wine
- Exploring Instanbul's bazaars and Anatolia's clay-pot cooking with Nancy Harmon Jenkins
- Something off the Treats Truck in New York
For the rest of my picks,
How about you? Why don't you look through the full list and tell me which ones you are hoping to try!