Coffee is no joke — just ask any caffeine addict. Fifty-six percent of coffee drinkers say they would be willing to be late for work — and risk getting scolded by their boss — in order to get their morning coffee, according to a study conducted by Cumberland Farms. Now that's some serious commitment. If you love a hot cup of joe as much as we do, go ahead and indulge, because today, Sept. 29, is National Coffee Day. Here are six free ways to caffeinate. Try one or four, depending on your level of sluggishness.
- Wash down your doughnut with a free small coffee at Krispy Kreme today. If a plain cup of coffee isn't your thing, you can also get a mocha, latte, or iced coffee for just $1.
- With the purchase of one coffee or espresso beverage at Peet's Coffee & Tea, you can get one more drink for free. The brewers have also called on Jimmy Kimmel, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Queen Latifah, Elon Musk, and Jonah Hill to take a selfie with a Peet's coffee today; if one of the stars does it, the chain will unlock a day of free coffee at every Peet's across America later this year.
- If you're looking for a coffee fix this afternoon, LaMar's Donuts is giving away free 12-ounce cups of its freshly roasted coffee all day today.
- In honor of National Coffee Day, Dunkin' Donuts is giving away a free medium cup of its new Hot Dark Roast coffee. Check out all the participating locations so you can grab a cup close to you.
- If you purchase any item off the menu at Brooklyn Water Bagels, you can get a cup of hot or iced coffee for free.
- Grab a free 16-ounce SuperMoms coffee at SuperAmerica today when you show the cashier this Twitter picture.