- 1 flour tortilla
- 1/3 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1 avocado, diced and cubed
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts only, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 large handful of mixed greens
- 1/4 cup spicy chipotle salsa
- A generous dollop of sour cream, optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the tortilla on a piece of foil on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the tortilla. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, while you make the rest of the dish.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado to make a chunky paste. Stir in the green onions and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the egg. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes until the white is set, but the yolk is still runny.
- Transfer the cooked tortilla — the cheese should be melted and bubbly — to a serving platter. Plop the avocado mixture on top of the cheese and spread to the edges of the tortilla. Place a handful of greens on top of the avocado and cover with the fried egg. Spoon the salsa over the entire dish and place a scoop of sour cream on the plate, if using. Enjoy immediately.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch