I know that many people like to go camping because they enjoy roughing it. I'm not one of those people. I despise camping, but if I must rough it, I'm expecting some pretty delicious and comforting food. Grilled pineapple is sophisticated enough to make you feel like you're on a luxurious, relaxing vacation but simple enough to make in your campground. Accompanied by a sweet, honey syrup this pineapple is a wonderful, light finish to any meal. For the recipe, read more
To make this recipe a little more camping friendly, simply pre-cut the pineapple before you leave for camp.
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
1 large ripe pineapple
1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in large glass baking dish.
- Peel pineapple; cut crosswise into 6 rounds. Remove core; discard. Add pineapple to dish; turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap; let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Remove pineapple from marinade (reserve marinade). Grill until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to serving dish.
- Pour reserved marinade over. Sprinkle with mint. Serve warm or chilled.