1 loaf of ciabatta bread, or a baguette
1 to 2 heads of garlic, minced
1 to 2 sticks of unsalted butter
Zest of one lemon (optional)
The size of your loaf of bread will determine how much butter and garlic you'll use.
- Slice the loaf of ciabatta bread in half lengthwise and place on a large cookie sheet.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and let all the flavors come together for a minute or two.
- Brush (or pour) the garlic and butter evenly over both halves of bread, making sure to get the chunks of garlic in all the holes of the bread. At this point, you can wrap and freeze the bread if you're looking to serve this at a later occasion.
- Set your oven to 350°F and bake the bread for 10 to 15 minutes to heat it through.
- Then switch your oven to its broiler setting and let the bread get brown and crispy for just a minute or two.
- Let it cool for one more minute, then if you like, sprinkle lemon zest over the bread and cut up to serve.
Serves four to six.