- 6 oz good quality bitter sweet chocolate (180 gm)
- 1/2 cup whipping (35%) cream (125 ml)
- 2 tbsp ice wine (30 ml)
- Finely chopped whole almonds (skin on), to taste
- Good-quality cocoa powder, for rolling
- Chop the chocolate very finely and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Boil cream and immediately pour over chopped chocolate.
- Stir until all chocolate has melted.
- Stir in ice wine until blended.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Scoop into small balls with melon baller and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Roll truffles in almonds, then dust with cocoa powder.
Makes 20 truffles.
- Desserts, Chocolate