- Her show, Giada at Home, is shot on a set. But, she claims that the house (in Malibu, CA) they film in is very similar to her own home. She even has the same beautiful ocean view!
- She was born into a culinary family. Her grandfather owned a pasta factory in Naples before World War II. It was lost during the war, but in the '80s, after moving to America, he opened two gourmet Italian shops, one in LA and the other in New York.
- She doesn't plan on having more children. Although she acknowledged that "you don't really know what it's like to have kids until you have one of your own," De Laurentiis is focusing on her career, "I have so many babies: the show, Todd, and Jade."
- Her next cookbook is about time. The chef, who has never before focused on a 30-minute-meals style of cooking, is currently working on a quick cookbook. "Since having Jade, things have gotten faster. Most of the recipes in the new book can be made in under an hour. But, they will still deliver on flavor."
- Her favorite item in her cookware line for Target is the mezzaluna knife. If you were to buy just one piece, she recommends that one!