When it comes to cocktails, we've established that strawberries and lemons are a great combination. They work well with vodka and sparkling wine, but how do they fare with gin? Wonderfully! I actually made this drink twice, once with vodka and a second time with gin, and I preferred the gin to the vodka. Its botanical quality adds a complexity to the libation, giving it more depth and flavor. The ingredient list calls for 7-Up to add effervescence, but sparkling water, tonic, or club soda would work fine. To take a look at the recipe,
- 7 strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces gin
- splash of chilled 7-Up
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 6 strawberries with the simple syrup. Add ice, the lemon juice, gin and shake well.
- Double strain into an ice-filled highball or collins glass. Top off with a splash of 7-Up and stir.
- Garnish with the remaining berry.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American