- For ginger syrup:
- 1/4 pound ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- For cocktail:
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon vodka
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) Domaine de Canton (ginger liqueur)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1-liter) bottle soda water or seltzer, chilled
- Garnish: candied ginger and lemon wedge
- Make ginger syrup: Bring ginger, sugar, and water to a simmer in a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved, then gently simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. Strain through a sieve and reserve ginger for another use, then cool to room temperature.
- Stir together ginger syrup, vodka, ginger liqueur, and lemon juice in a pitcher.
- Divide among 6 (10-ounces) Old Fashioned glasses filled with ice. Top off with soda water. Spear a few slices candied ginger onto each of 6 wooden picks and add to drinks, then garnish with lemon wedges.
Makes 6 drinks.
- Drinks, Cocktails