For an even stronger ginger flavor, juice a 1-inch piece of ginger and add it to the cocktail (or add a splash of ginger juice ).
- 1 grapefruit, freshly squeezed, rind reserved
- Coarse salt, to rim the glass
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces ginger simple syrup 
- Run the grapefruit rind along the rim of the glasses, then dip the rim of each glass into a saucer filled with salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, grapefruit juice, ginger simple syrup, and ice. Shake until cold, then strain into two ice-filled glasses.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- Serves 2