For New Year's Eve, my friend Jenny is hosting a party with appetizers, and she's asked me to bring something. I know that she's already going to have buffalo wings, nachos, and virtually every chip and dip combination. To be different, I'm going to bring these goat cheese and dill endive boats. My friends won't be able to resist the combination of the crisp, slightly bitter endive with creamy, tangy goat cheese. Compared to the rich, bold flavors of the other appetizers, these crudités will be a breath of fresh air. To make these for your next gathering,
- 5 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 to 3 endive heads
- Black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, cream, olive oil, and chopped dill together, blending with a fork.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the inside of each endive leaf with goat cheese mixture. Garnish each boat with a sprig of dill.
- Vegetables, Appetizers
- North American