- 2/3 cup whole milk; more if needed
- 12 large oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 2 small cloves garlic, smashed
- 16 fresh cilantro sprigs, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups pitted brined green olives, rinsed if particularly salty, coarsely chopped
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick and toasted
- Purée the milk, anchovies, garlic, cilantro, and a pinch of pepper in a blender. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil through the feed hole in the blender cap.
- Scoop the spread into a serving bowl, cover with plastic, and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days. Just before serving, stir in the olives. The spread will thicken a bit more when the olives are added. If it thickens too much, thin it with a bit of milk.
- Serve with the toasted baguette slices.
- Dips, Appetizers
- Makes about 2 cups of dip