If you plan to serve four or fewer, buy a wedge (in lieu of a wheel) of brie, then wrap the cheese in foil before you grill it to prevent the brie's insides from oozing onto the grill and burning.
2 cups cherries, pitted and cut in half
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 (5-inch) wheels brie or camembert cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat a grill to low. In a boil, stir together cherries, sugar, salt, and thyme until sugar dissolves.
- Brush both sides of bread slices and cheese wheels with olive oil.
- Place cheese on the center of the grill and surround with bread. Cover and grill until the bread is golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip the bread slices and grill until golden on the other side, about 2 minutes more.
- Continue to grill the cheese, covered, until the rind is soft, about 5 minutes more. Using a metal spatula, invert each cheese wheel onto a plate.
- Spoon cherry relish over the cheese and serve with bread.
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American
- Serves 8.