Say hola to the weekend with this exciting and flavorful dish. Quick-grilling chicken breasts are coated with a mixture of lime juice, cumin, and chile powder. Poblano chiles, bell peppers, and red onions are charred on the grill alongside the chicken.
Bring the chicken and veggies to the table on a large platter and let everyone assemble their own fajitas. Chill some Coronas or shake up a couple of margs and you've got yourself a Mexican fiesta! For the recipe,
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
3/4 cup olive oil
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/4 teaspoons ancho chile powder
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
3 large poblano chiles, seeded, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
3 large yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
2 red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
12 8-inch flour tortillas
Optional toppings: purchased salsas, guacamole, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, and chopped serrano chiles
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Puree first 5 ingredients in processor. Season marinade with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour 1/3 cup marinade over; turn to coat.
- Arrange poblanos, bell peppers, and onions on large rimmed baking sheet. Pour 1/2 cup marinade over; turn to coat. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill vegetables until tender, turning frequently, about 15 minutes for onions and 12 minutes for poblanos and bell peppers. Grill tortillas until charred, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer chicken to work surface; slice crosswise into strips. Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables; drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve with toppings.
- Poultry, Main Dishes