- 1 large eggplant
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flake (optional)
- Dijon Vinaigrette : place the lemon on the grill and cook until brown, about 5 minutes before juicing to make the vinaigrette
- Thoroughly wash all the vegetables and pat dry. Slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch rounds, and place on a baking sheet.
- Slice the romaine lettuce in half lengthwise and place on a separate baking sheet.
- Drizzle all the vegetables with olive oil, about 1/4 a cup total, and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper, and chili flakes, if you feel like some heat.
- First grill the eggplant and zucchini until brown and soft, about 5-7 minutes on each side over medium heat. Note that the zucchini may cook quicker than the eggplant.
- Remove from the grill and place them back on the baking sheet to cool.
- Put the romaine lettuce cut side up and roast for 5 minutes on each side until grill marks appear and the leaves just start to wilt. Remove from the grill and place back on baking sheet to cool.
- While the vegetables cool, make the Dijon Vinaigrette, but use the grilled lemon to make the lemon juice.
- Cut the vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces and place into a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over the veggies right before serving. Toss to combine and enjoy with your favorite grilled entree.
- Vegetables, Salads
- North American