You will have some extra salad dressing left over: drizzle it over a simple green salad or roasted vegetables, or save it for your next guacamole salad. This makes enough salad to fill a quart-size mason jar.
- For the lime vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- A dash of hot sauce, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- For the salad:
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion or shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely diced jalapeño
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Juice from half a lime
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the lime juice; cilantro; hot sauce, if desired; and a generous pinch of salt in a small mixing bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking to combine into an emulsion.
- Make the salad: Pour the vinaigrette into the mason jar. Add the onion, followed by the jalapeño and diced tomato. Layer on the mixed greens and then the cilantro.
- Cut the avocado in half and discard the pit. Use a spoon to separate the flesh from the peel. Cube the avocado, and layer it on top of the salad greens. Sprinkle with the lime juice. Seal the jar, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- Serves 1