After making and enjoying salami chips, I wondered, what would ham chips taste like? The concept is simple: you take thin slices of prosciutto or jamon serrano place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake until crispy. The resulting snack is salty, crunchy, and downright delicious. Add to a cheese display or use in a sandwich, burger, salad, or crostini recipe. The method is uncomplicated; read more to learn how to make ham chips.
- 16 slices of prosciutto or jamon serrano
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper. Arrange the ham slices in a single layer.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating after 6 minutes. The ham should shrink in size and will be crispy.
- Let cool completely then enjoy alone, with cheese, or in a sandwich, salad, or burger!
Makes 16 ham chips.
- Meats, Appetizers
- North American
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.