Since YumSugar's Shirley Temple Happy Hour was such a hit, I decided today to post one of my favorite non-alcoholic drinks, the good old, Arnold Palmer. Equal parts lemonade and iced tea, this drink combines two of my favorite beverages to make one cool concoction. For the recipe,
1 part Lemonade, recipe below
1 part Iced tea, recipe below
- Fill a big glass with ice and equal parts lemonade and iced tea.
- Stir to combine. Enjoy
9 assorted fruit tea bags, such as Red Zinger
1 English breakfast tea bag
8 cups boiling water
Sugar, to taste
Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
Ice cubes, for serving
Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Place tea bags in a 2-quart heatproof pitcher; pour in boiling water.
- Let steep for 10 minutes; carefully remove teabags, and discard.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour over ice, and garnish with mint.
- Serve immediately.
Makes about 8 cups.
4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups water
Lemon peel strips, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups lemon juice and the sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and let syrup cool.
- In a pitcher, stir together lemon syrup, remaining 2 cups lemon juice, and 3 1/2 cups water.
- To serve, pour over ice, and garnish with lemon peel, if desired.
Makes 2 quarts.